Grand County Rural Health Network offers access, resources, and support for all of our neighbors to lead their healthiest lives.
Who We Are & Where We Serve
The Grand County Rural Health Network is a nonprofit organization that services both Grand and Jackson counties in CO. Our dedicated staff works in partnership with health providers, businesses, and community members to improve the future of health in our community. We believe everyone has the right to health care and to understand how to access that care. We also understand that health is more than health care. We work to educate our neighbors and help them navigate the system to ensure they have the information and services they need to live their healthiest lives.
By 2023, everyone in our community has access to affordable, comprehensive health and human services, which are easy to navigate when, where and how needed.
- Ensure centralized services exist, including virtual or physical locations.
- Health, human services, and community partners understand and address social determinants of health.
- Providers and partners experience continuous communication, coordination, and trusted relationships across sectors.
- Grand County Rural Health Network is sustainable and has operations consistent with our organizational values.
The Grand County Rural Health Network is committed to advocating for and supporting the health of all people living in Grand County, regardless of race, gender, sexual orientation, gender expression, religion, immigration status, age, disability, national origin, marital, military, or financial status.
We believe everyone has the right to healthcare and to understand how to access that care. We have the resources and capabilities to help everyone living in our community access care.
We are a community alliance of healthcare organizations, public agencies, providers, civic and business leaders and residents committed to creating a healthcare system that meets the needs of all its residents.
We do this by:
- Checking in regularly with the community to guide our work and the work of our partners.
- Advocating at the local and statewide level to make sure policies support the needs of the community.
- Working together with our partners to identify and understand community issues and resolve them together.
Grand County Rural Health Network is one of Colorado’s 25 health alliances. While health alliances have different structures, priorities, and goals, they generally have these factors in common:
Collaborative Think Tank:
• Assure Collaborative Work
• Solutions Focused
• Systems Level
• Umbrella Organization
• Catalyze Change
• Collaborative Strategies
• Cross Sector
• Community Responsiveness
• Neutral Convener
• Drive Systems-Level Change
We believe that everyone in our community should have what they need to thrive and be healthy. We advocate for health equity and know that health is more than health care. We know that different people need different things to be as healthy as possible. Societal constructs, such as policy and practices, get in the way of health and negatively impact individuals and communities, including people of color – our children, friends, family, and neighbors. We believe in racial justice and overcoming the systemic injustices that so drastically impact health due to race.
We are committed to health equity and justice, to working with partners and individuals to build equitable systems in our community and state. We stand in solidarity with the millions of people across the country who experience racial injustice and the trauma caused by generations of oppression. We commit to listening to people experiencing oppression and working to end oppression so that each individual, and our community, can thrive.