Representing Our Neighbors
At Grand County Rural Health Network, we believe in representing the rural voice because decisions and policy change often create unintended consequences for rural communities.
We do this by:
- Serving on regional and statewide boards such as:
– Governor’s Behavioral Health Task Force
– Blueprint to End Hunger Task Force
- Advocating for Statewide policy change.
Health & Human Resources Coalition (HHRC)
We collaborate with other local organizations as part of the Health & Human Resource Coalition (HHRC). We meet quarterly to discuss topics that matter to the health of our community and advocate for changes needed to make improvements.
One example, is the HHRC working group’s effort to complete a Behavioral Health Strategic Plan.
Lifting Up Voices
We believe people who are impacted by decisions should be at the decision-making table. We do this by:
- Offer training and support in telling a meaningful personal story.
- Share opportunities to be heard at decision-making tables.
- Educate community on issues impacting those living at self-sufficiency or below.